Tuesday 27 October 2015

How can you prevent your children against HFMD and scarlet fever?

It was a Sunday evening, my three children and a neighbor daughter went to Pasir Ris Park to play. They played in the park for almost 2 hours. There were also other children that were playing together and I saw some children coughing and having runny nose. Being a mom, I started to ask my 3 children and neighbor daughter to play somewhere else.

At night, I received a sms from my neighbor telling me that her daughter had high fever at 39 degree and had rashes. She told me to watch out for any symptoms from my children. She brought her daughter to doctor and had confirmation that it was scarlet fever. She was given a course of 10 days antibiotic. 

Scarlet fever  is an infectious disease which most commonly affects children. Signs and symptoms include sore throat, fever, and a characteristic red rash. Scarlet fever is usually spread by inhalation. There is no vaccine, but the disease is effectively treated with antibiotics. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_fever)

All my three children were fine the night and went to school the next day. In my mind their strong immune system plays a important role to keep them healthy. They have been taking Nutritional Immunology food daily. They have been taking daily superfood that contain cactus, cactus fruit, ginseng berry, grape seed, rose and seaweed.

Before having kids, Hand Foot Mouth Disease (HFMD) and scarlet fever sound foreign to me. But as parents we became aware of HFMD and scarlet fever after sending our child to playgroup or childcare center. 

As HFMD is caused by virus , which is the same as cold and flu, there is no medicine other than relying on your own immune system to fight against virus. As a parent, I have chooses wholesome plant food to fight diseases and to strengthen their immunity.

There are a few options to choose to strengthened immune system:-

1) Nutritional Immunology food
2) Basic food what we eat daily (increase fruits and vegetable intake)
3)Vitamins and mineral supplements
4) Medication, including TCM

Which one is the best for the immune system? 

Do contact me if you would like to know on how to prevent HFMD and scarlet fever effectively.



No comments:

Post a Comment